In Pakistan Police transferred for negligence in child abuse scandal

Three Pakistani police officers have been transferred to other districts accused of negligence amid a deepening scandal over a p...



Three Pakistani police officers have been transferred to other districts accused of negligence amid a deepening scandal over a paedophile ring alleged to have abused hundreds of children for nearly a decade, officials said on Wednesday.
A prominent family in the central Punjabi village of Husain Khan Wala allegedly used guns, knives and axes to force children - some as young as five - to perform sex acts on video, which they sold or used to extort money from the victims' families, villagers said.
This weekend, the prime minister vowed an investigation after Pakistani media covered protests by parents that police in the district of Kasur had not investigated their complaints.
The officers were removed from their posts "for their negligence on the Kasur sex scandal", Nabeela Ghazanfar, a spokesperson for the provincial police, told Reuters.
District police chief Rai Babar and two deputy superintendents were reassigned out of the district. Police in Pakistan are rarely sacked.
Parents told Reuters that police had refused to register some complaints and treated some of the victims "like criminals".
The police have arrested 14 suspects so far. Seven cases have been registered against them for alleged sodomy, kidnapping and torture, police official Muhammad Amin said.
The accused would be tried in an anti-terrorism court, Amin said. Law enforcement officials frequently use the anti-terror courts to bypass Pakistan's moribund judicial system.
On Monday, opposition politicians blasted the ruling party over the scandal in Punjab, the country's biggest and wealthiest province and the political heartland of the ruling party.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, the brother of the prime minister, said on Tuesday that he was "personally monitoring" the case.

"We will not let any one involved in this incident escape the law and justice. All victims and their families will be provided every possible assistance to identify culprits without any fear," he said in a statement on his Facebook page.

Related

Triment 3518518460190130650

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon
:noprob:
:smile:
:shy:
:trope:
:sneered:
:happy:
:escort:
:rapt:
:love:
:heart:
:angry:
:hate:
:sad:
:sigh:
:disappointed:
:cry:
:fear:
:surprise:
:unbelieve:
:shit:
:like:
:dislike:
:clap:
:cuff:
:fist:
:ok:
:file:
:link:
:place:
:contact:

Share with friends

Face Of The Week

Face of the week

NAME:
Ujunwa Okechi Mary
OCCUPATION: Working
FB: fb.com/okechi.ujunwa

Click here to mail us your pics and details

Facebook and Twitter

Hot in weekRecentComments

Recent

Witches At Work Phone call kills Nigerian man in Finland

In Helsinki, Finland, a Nigerian man, Marley Biose is dead. He reportedly died while speaking on the phone with his wife. The deceased died on Saturday, March 17, 2018. It happened over ...

Migos - Walk It Talk It (feat. Drake)

The world's biggest rap group, Migos, are paying tribute to the culture with the video for "Walk It Talk It", one of the singles off their third studio album, "Culture II", released in January 20...

Russia Election Vladimir Putin set for fourth term with 74 percent of vote: exit poll

Moscow (AFP) - Vladimir Putin won Russia's presidential election on Sunday with almost 74 percent of the vote, according to an official exit poll, with the opposition reporting ballot stuffing an...

Comments

item